All but one actor from last years Outstanding Actor in a Comedy Series category is out of contention for this years award (Donald Glover, Atlanta), but that doesn’t mean all actors are set to return.
This will be a very interesting category I’m interested in breaking for over the coming weeks because there’s likely to be a big shake up in this category. Past winners may return (Jim Parsons), new actors from first-year series may enter the category (Don Cheadle, Jim Carrey), and the possibility of a surprise nominee (Eugene Levy).
Here are my early predictions for Lead Actor in Comedy Series:
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish)
- Michael Douglas (The Kominsky Method)
- Bill Hader (Barry)
- Ted Danson (The Good Place)
- Jim Carrey (Kidding)
- William H. Macy (Shameless)
- John Goodman (The Conners)
- Larry David (Curb Your Enthusiasm)
- Eugene Levy (Schitt’s Creek)
- Don Cheadle (Black Monday)
- Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory)
Are any of these comedy actors on your Emmys radar? Did I forget any?
2019 Emmy nominations will be announced Tuesday, July 16th, get ready for a lot of coverage leading to the final day as potential nominees heat up or cool off.