Last years much deserved winner Harry Winkler (Barry) will most likely be back in the race this year. Two slots will be vacant due to Bryan Tyree Henry (Atlanta) and Louie Anderson (Baskets) not being eligible. Former Veep nominee Matt Walsh and his Emmy-winning co-star Tony Hale are back in contention this year, as well as Golden Globe and SAG nominee Adam Arkin (The Kominsky Method). One or more actors from last years race will definitely be passed over for a nomination this year.
My early predictions for Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series:
- Matt Walsh – Veep
- Tony Hale – Veep
- Tony Shalhoub – The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
- Alan Arkin – The Kominsky Method
- Henry Winkler – Barry
- Titus Burgess – Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
- Kenan Thompson – Saturday Night Live
- Alec Baldwin – Saturday Night Live
- Andre Braugher – Brooklyn Nine-Nine
- Sean Hayes – Will and Grace
- Dan Levy – Schitt’s Creek
- Andrew Rannells – Black Monday
Are any of these comedy actors on your Emmys radar? Did I forget any?
2019 Emmy nominations will be announced Tuesday, July 16th, get ready for a lot of coverage leading to the final day as potential nominees heat up or cool off.