Seven actresses were nominated in this category last year, and only ONE (Lena Headey, Game of Thrones) will be returning to this race, making it very fun for people who predict awards categories.
2019 is the year of Game of Thrones, and at this point I’m willing to bet those actresses take up the majority of the slots in this category.
My early predictions for Supporting Actress in a Drama Series:
- Lena Headey – Game of Thrones
- Emilia Clarke – Game of Thrones
- Maisie Williams – Game of Thrones
- Sophie Turner – Game of Thrones
- Diane Lane – House of Cards
- Julia Garner – Ozark
- Susan Kelechi Watson – This Is Us
- Helena Bonham Carter – The Crown (ineligible as of 3/15)
- Chrissy Metz – This Is Us (as of 3/15)
Are any of these comedy actors on your Emmys radar? Did I forget any?